Thursday, October 19, 2006

It's almost the weekend!!!!

Today has been an 'interesting' day with my oldest. He has had a poor attitude for most of the day. I think it's mostly because I let him stay up a bit later to watch his dad play his computer game...so I guess you reap what you sow, huh?!?!?

Anyways, other than that, it's been a typical day. Tomorrow will be a bit busier as I am taking my three girls out first thing in the morning to go grocery shopping and then we're coming home and cleaning!!! No school for them tomorrow, or I guess we could call it a life skills day!!LOL

Oh, I was doing laundry the other day and overheard Kayla playing in her room....it was too cute not to catch on video!!!




Isn't that just the funniest thing???

I also received an email and thought I would post my reply here. Thankyou to all of you who take the time to send me emails!! I'm so happy you all find my blog a blessing to your life in some way or another!!
*******************************************
Dear, Penny

I read your blog quite often and I find myself amazed at the things you do and keep a sense a humour about. I only have 2 children (boy 10yrs and girl 4yrs) and can find myself in a stressful mood quite often. Thank you for taking the time to write about your life and how you manage it. Your blog has been such a blessing to me. I had some questions for you and I hope you can answer them, but only when you have the time. I know you are a very busy woman.
1. what are your favorite baby items? I think having so many kids you must have some favorites!!

2. what are your least favorite baby things?
I ask this of you because my good friend from church is having a baby and there are so many baby things out there and it has been so long since I had a baby.

your friend,
Doreen in Manitoba
************************************************

First of all, thankyou so much Doreen for taking the time to write to me!!! I'm so happy you enjoy my blog and are interested in my opinion!!
Here are my answers and I hope you find them helpful!!!
*****************************************
1. Hmmmm, I had to think of some of the things I simply cannot live without when I have a baby and here are some that I can think of:
-baby washcloths (I usually try to have at least 2-3 dozen of these on hand because I use them as bumwipes. I make my own wipe mix and then use it with the cloths)

-receiving blankets (the flannel ones, I use these for everything...burppads, change pads, swaddling you name it!!LOL I try to have 2 dozen of these)

-My Snugli (Mine is one of the old corduroy ones and I have used it since Alex, I LOVE it.)

-my pack 'n' play ( I don't use cribs anymore, so this has been an awesome lifesaver. It goes anywhere and I can use it for so long!!)

-My favourite baby bath products!!(I LOVE the Canus brand of Goat's Milk stuff, I have only found it at The real Canadian Superstore, but I highly recommend this product. It smells so fresh and clean and comes in lotions and balms and soaps and shampoo's!! and an AWESOME zinc baby bum cream)

-Newborn and size 1 diapers (I use cloth, but I have always loved and been grateful to receive some packs of disposables, it can make those first few days/weeks a little less stressful)

-a baby chair (like an infant seat, I love the portability of these as well. My new personal favourite is this one baby papasan chair
It looks so cozy!!!(they need to make on in Mama size!!LOL)

- a swing is nice to have as well, although some babies love 'em and some HATE 'em!! I've had a couple of each!!LOL

-my Pump 'n' Style breast pump by Medela. I was so blessed to have one this by entering in a breastfeeding essay, otherwise there was no way I would've ever afforded it!!LOL It is well worth the money though!!!

-breastfeeding pillows (these are a lifesaver in those early weeks and really help position baby)

-my infant car seat bag (I LOVE not having to bundle baby up or worry about snowsuits, just buckle 'em in and zip them up in the bag!! What a dream!!!)

-my new favourite a head position for in the bed!!! After dealing with Mariah's flathead, I simply can't live without mine!!!)


2. I can't really say there is anything I don't like. I guess manual breastpumps, those are so time consuming.

-undershirts that don't attach to the crotch, they always find their way up the poor baby's back and around their neck!!LOL

-baby bath tubs (can you imagine they have baby spa's!!!LOL Gimme a break!!ROFL!!! I only ever used a baby tub with Alex and it was such a pain and messy. I either use a large mixing bowl or just take the babe in the bath with me!!!)

-baby bath towels (I don't have anything against them, I just never found them that useful!!LOL I always end up using a regular soft towel and forget about my infant towels!!LOL)

That's all I can really think of. I guess each Mama is different in what they prefer, but for me, I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase something extra fancy, unless your friend has specifically asked for it. you don't mention if this is her first or not. I hope my answers help you out!!! Best wishes and prayers to you and your family and congrats to your friend!!!
***************************************

0 comments: