Monday, August 18, 2008

Anniversary Week

Well, yesterday Bill and I celebrated 12 years of marriage! It's funny because it feels like we've been together forever, he is such a a part of me. Yet, it feels as though it was just yesterday we were married!lol We didn't do anything (other than earn our sweat equity hours) and we didn't buy each other anything. I don't care for jewellery at all (yes, it's true...I don't like diamonds and would actually be sad with a diamond ring or earrings!!lol Honestly!!) and we just have so much on the go right now with trying to earn our hours, but that's okay, we know in our hearts that it was our special day and that is all that matters.

It's an amazing thing, I am so blessed to have him for my husband and truly love him more and more each day. He is hard working and would do anything for us. He and I can have a conversation with no words at all, we know when one of us needs something and what that is. Sure we have our disagreements and spats, but we just shrug them off and let it go. We have mastered the art of compromise, which any of you who have been married for any length of time knows how vital that is!! Our needs as individuals are just as important as the other and we realize that. Sometimes his need for something is greater than mine and other times, I need more. We have realized that any relationship requires time, love, patience, understanding and it is constant. Like a garden, if you neglect it, it will wilt away.
He keeps me level and is always there to bring me back when I get all worked up and I am there to give him a boost when he slips off pace...we truly complete each other and for that I thank the Lord for my sweet husband, best friend, soulmate, and life long companion. I Love you!!

The next anniversary is not as happy, but one that I must contend with each and every year. Aug.21st will mark the 13th anniversary of my father's passing.
That day is also the day that Bill and I *officially* began dating one year earlier.

I can't believe we're down to the last two weeks of 'summer' here, WHOOHOO!!! Today is supposed to be gross and hot (something like 35 degrees Celsius and will feel like 40 degrees Celsius....there is a Fahrenheit converter at the bottom of my blog!!) it's been pretty hot and humid the last couple of days and the only thing that keeps me from really going mad, is the fact that I know in just a week or two, these temps will be gone. Actually, I could even place fair bet that these next few days will be it...sure we will have a day or two here and there in September, but that's easier since it will drop so quickly come evening. In two weeks it will be a long weekend and that will also be the weekend we do a fall/winter clothing switch! Time to start getting ready for the Used Toy and Clothing Sale..it's Sept.20th! It will be last one, so I plan on selling off summer/spring stuff as well. Lot's to do!!

well, time to go put summer heat plan of attack into action...gotta go around the house and close up the windows and lower all the fans.....ugh A/C would be sweet today!!

have a blessed Monday!!!

0 comments: