Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Buzzing from a sugar high!!!!!

Hello everybody!!

Just wanted to let you all know that I joined FLICKR, it's located on the right hand side just underneath my calendar of events list. Click on it to view pics. I've noticed this nifty tool on a few blogs over time, but after seeing all the cool stuff it does, I had to get me one!!! Unfortunately it doesn't have very recent pics, but I'll change that as soon as I get this roll of film developed!!!

Monday night was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time. They all have over filled bags to prove it!!! That night we allowed them top have 2 treats from their bag (NOT the can of coke they received from one house!!LOL) and from then on each afternoon they're allowed to choose three treats from the bag to enjoy with their afternoon snack. They were all kind enough to let Mama choose 2 treats from each of their bags today and I have been given permission that I can enjoy a treat whenever I would like!!!LOL Too funny!!! I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I love the Hot Tamales and the real sour candies and anything black licorice (except the real thing) so they gladly hand over those things!!!

My sister heard from my Mom today. I guess she's sobering up now. So now we begin the 'honeymoon' phase. This is when all the promises begin and the vows to never fall off the wagon again take place. I haven't talked to her, maybe tomorrow.

Bill called me a little while ago with some really nice news. For a couple of weeks his shift is changing to an earlier one!!! WHOOHOOO!!! The nice thing is, he'll get a long weekend this weekend (his regular shift week is Sunday- Thursday) because the new shift is Mon-Fri and he starts on Monday. BUT, next Friday is remembrance day so he'll have that day off too!!! I'm really looking forward to it, even if it is only for a couple of weeks.

This Friday night I'm going out with Kerri. Our favorite teacher store is having a midnight madness sale type of thing..........maybe I'll be able to get in some stocking stuffer shopping. So far, that is all the money I'll have enough for. Where I live, the government is giving all it's residents checks (children included!!) which is really nice because it's a decent amount of money. Unfortunately, they won't be arriving until January which does me no good for Christmas shopping (which my original plan was!!) I mean it's great for people who use credit cards and such, but we don't. My other plan fell through as well, so we'll see what happens. Christmas isn't about gifts and my kids know that. We've had very small Christmas before, and that has been just fine.
At least I know for a fact I can get them some stocking stuffers and what better place to get them than the teacher store!!! They have so many neat things there, check them out Scholars Choice
Then I usually put a pack of new undies and socks in there for them.

Well, my sister goes for an ultrasound on friday!!!! She's had a few already, but they're really hoping to find out at this one!!! They have names picked out, but I am sworn to secrecy, and I will hold it in until he/she is born!!!

Bill's Mom is doing better. She's had a few setbacks since being released from he hospital. They let her out on Oct.14th and they left straight for home in B.C. I guess last week one of her incisions broke open a few times and she lost a lot of fluid/blood. They had to call 911 one night because there was so much blood. But praise be to Him, she is doing much better. They said better for the 'gunk' to come out, than fester inside. Then she runs the risk of infection.

Well, that's about it for now!
have a great day tomorrow (today??)
God bless,
Penny

PS. If you would like to receive a Christmas Card form me, please send me your mailing address via email (links on the right hand side) I would love to send you a Christmas blessing!!!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hello Penny! So glad you posted. Have a great day! Take care.

Rebekah said...

I'd LOVE to receive a Christmas card from you! My address is Rebekah Castleberry, 6558 Oakland Drive, Magalia, CA. 95954

Also, I just checked out your precious photos of your little ones. BEAUTIFUL!! Have a blessed Thursday!! :)