Thursday, January 26, 2006

~Potatoes~

For the past few days, I've been smelling this really rank, funky smell coming from 'somewhere' near my counter in my kitchen.
I mean, it was really bad. Yesterday I cleaned off all my counter tops and bleached everything, even the backsplash. I wiped down all my counter top appliances. I could not for the life of me figure this out!!LOL So, then I thought cupboards! So I began washing and cleaning out all of my cupboards. My first stop was the 'spinning cupboard' you know those cheesy lazy susan type cupboards, the one where someone always slams their fingers in it?!?!? The smell was really bad in there, but earlier this week I had already washed down the two shelves in there. (I keep my canned stuff in there)Then I had a thought....I looked down UNDERNEATH the bottom shelf and WAAAYYYY behind there is this un-recognizable small lump of something. So I was brave, and put on my rubber gloves and got out a large, long wooden spoon. After a short while of being careful not to fling at myself, I managed to get it out.

EWWWWWWWW!!!! It was a rotten potato!!!! EWWWWWWWWW!!!! I haven't stored my potatoes in there since like, October!!! YUCK!! That was so foul and nasty. BLECH!!

Thankfully, it's all better now and the rank offender is gone and my kitchen no longer smells.

********************************************************
Tidbits from yesterday:

I looked over at Alex(the 9yo) playing Xbox, sniffing his armpits....
ME: What are you doing?
HIM:did you know that my pits smell like wet potato chips?
ME:no, actually I didn't, but don't you think you should go put your deodarant on?
HIM: no actually I like the smell, it reminds me of salt and vinegar chips
ME:what about the rest of us?
HIM: Oh it's alright, I'll let you guys have a turn smelling them too.

Ugh, I guess I should be thankful he offered to share his stench.

Last night Kayla and I were discussing family dynamics:
KAYLA: Daddy is your broder?
ME: No, daddy is my husband, not my brother
KAYLA:Lyssa is my sistor
ME:Yes, Lyssa is your sister
KAYLA:Adex and Obbie are my broders?
ME:yes, Alex and Robbie are your brothers.
KAYLA: Kayla is your dollar?
ME: yes, kayla is my daughter
KAYLA: Daddy is your broder?

*SIGH* We'll get there eventually........my luck she'll announce that comment when I have some skeptical person eyeing my family while we're out somewhere......."Mommy, Daddy is your broder"..uh yeah and if I didn't get stared at enough already and glared at...LOL!!!

Have a blessed day!!
~Penny

1 comments:

Veronica said...

LOL!!!! Kids are so funny!!!
Take care. :)