Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback

Friday Photo Flashback




This is Bill and I back in December 1995 at his parents house. I had just turned 17 and he was just coming up on his 23rd birthday. We had just celebrated a year of being together and a year of being engaged. (we got engaged 3 mos after being together). Back before our first baby and living on our own. Life was pretty easy I must admit, living with hearts filled with dreams and plans of the future. We were both working full time, Bill was working at a pharmaceutical company and I at a nearby daycare center. We were living with his parents in their basement and they were kind enough to not charge us rent. It's crazy to think back to those days, where we just hopped in the car and went to the grocery store and bought whatever sparked our fancy. Or when we would say "Hey, let's go see a movie" and not think twice about it from a financial standpoint.

Funny enough though when I look at that girl in the picture, I don't feel that different on the inside from her. She knew what she wanted out of life and knew that the man sitting beside her was going to be there for the rest of her life. She knew that she would have kids (at that time I was hoping for at least 12!! and Bill was looking at possibly 2!lol) and she knew that she would love being a Mama. Although she didn't know how to cook worth a darn, or do a budget (well a real budget anyways), she was willing to learn and eager to learn. Much like the woman she grew into is today. I look at her and see her youth, but I know that inside she was wise beyond her years, she had seen many things at that point and had already been through so much. While they were difficult and trying they helped to shape who she became and she will continue to evolve into as the years go on.  As for Bill, well, why is it that I can stare at his picture and see no physical changes? He still looks the same to me now as he did then. That same grin, those same eyes that sparkle.  *sigh* He still makes my heartbeat a little faster and my face smile a bit more when I'm near him.

So much has changed and yet so much has stayed the same. I'm so grateful that our strength with each other and for each other has only become more deeper as the years go on.
I love you sweetie!!

Have a blessed Friday!!!

6 comments:

More Than Words said...

That was one of the sweetest things I've read today!!

I have been with my husband since we were that young too, and it's amazing to see how much we've been through and how far we've come!

You two are a beautiful couple!!!

A Lady Called Amy said...

So cool! Glad to read a happy post like this one!

Cherbear said...

I remember those two as well. :) Bill is a little thicker and a little balder though!!! lol sorry couldn't help it!!! You are still just as beautiful and wonderful as you were back then and once again, I couldn't have done a better job picking out the girl to marry my baby brother if I had done it myself!! I love you and miss you both so much!!!
Love Cherie

Muthering Heights said...

Totally off the subject...my husband's parents have the same couch!!

Erin said...

What a wonderful tribute to your husband and a wonderful way to see your younger self. I do so often wonder who the woman in the mirror is because I feel no different than I did 20 years ago...she is me and I am she. You put it all so beautifully.

sweet_shelo said...

What a sweet story that goes with the sweet photo..