Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Quick update

Sorry I've been MIA. We've had a constant rain since about Wednesday last week, and it is taking it's toll on my body. So my arms and wrists have been really sore, and typing just aggravates it.

Not only that, Robbie took ill on Monday and sure enough he is also on antibiotics for strep throat! Luckily the meds seem to work quickly, so he was feeling a bit better today. Although, it might be Alyssa's turn. She was very tired and complaining of a sore throat as I tucked her into bed tonight. We shall see what the morning brings! Goodness, I know I tell them to share with each other.....but!!!LOL

This week is grocery shopping and it's the middle of the month so that means it's time for the cook-off this weekend!! I am going to try and post my list on the foodblog this week, but we'll see. I'm trying to conserve my energy to finish the OAMC handout for you guy's!!LOL I have about 4 or 5 more recipes to add and then it's done!! I hope you will all find something in there to enjoy!!

Oh, my big excitement for today!!! I have been very sad about not being able to bake any of our bread lately(with the weakness and pain in my upper body it's just not possible), and not being able to afford a bread machine right now. So I thought, why not post a WANTED on the Freecycle email loop!! Guess what?!?!? A sweet lady emailed me back and said that she has one!!! So Bill is going to pick it up tomorrow after work!! I am so excited, what a blessing. I really cannot thank her enough, this is going to be so wonderful for us. It makes m feel better too, now at least being able to have fresh baked bread again in my house!!!
I also posted for an Ice Shaver too. I thought this would be a lot of fun for the kids this summer, making homemade sno cones with real juice!! Hopefully I'll get a reply. I think in time I may post for one of those Dr.Scholls foot soaker baths. What a treat THAT would be. I'm hoping it would stop or at least help alleviate some of the pain in my feet and ankles, it's the worst at night. I know I would definitely be using that every night!!!

Well, goodnight dear sisters!!
If you can please pray for my dear friend Rebekah, her family is going through some trials right now. Some of you know her, but for those who don't, God will know what you are praying for. She is such a beautiful person and her family is just as precious!! You and hubby are in my prayers Rebekah!!!
God Bless!!!

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

HI Penny, so glad you updated. It is always good to hear from you. I am praying for your family and Rebekah. Take care of yourself and have a good night. Thanks kindly for visiting my blog.