Sunday, January 15, 2006

Happy Lord's Day!!!

How has it been so far?

Not much to update on, just plugging along. My sister and Brad are coming over tonight, Brad head's back up north tomorrow.

Bill had a drs appt on Friday, not the greatest of news....he's only being allowed to work half days now. He also has to go in for a CT on his spine, the doc feels something isn't right in there. I'm praying he doesn't need surgery. Nothing as of date from workers comp. They did send a check for the first two days that Bill had missed, so Bill went and picked up a few things from the grocery store. It drives me bonkers doing a bit of shopping here and there. I honestly believe you spend more money and more time. Unfortunately, we have no other choice right now.
I am in the process of building my Master grocery list and I will make it available on my food blog as well as for my group members. If your a group member, you'll be able to download and snag your own copy! I'm also working on my Master Menu list and I will do the same deal with that.

Well, for a brief update on my mother.......so she came home from the hospital the Wednesday morning and guess what she did Wednesday night????? Yup, she ordered more alcohol. *smacks forehead* SHEESH!!! So, I'm not sure what is going to happen. She won't talk to me when she's in this state, but I think I'm going to have to get tougher and rather than just 'ignore' this whole binging garbage, I'm going to tell her that she is not welcome around my kids or at my house until she can get herself together. This is just to emotionally destructive on the kids, most of all because they don't know what the heck is going on and I'm really tired of lying to them every few weeks.

I will tell her that I still want to talk to her and that I'm there for her, but I'm not allowing it to take over my family anymore.

There have been a few times this past couple of weeks I have thought that running full force, head first into a brick wall might help!!!LOL

Seriously, how much can one person's brain handle??? I know God will not give me more than I can handle, but I'm beginning to think He's confused!!!

Sooooo, if you can add us onto your prayer list, I would be ever so grateful and appreciative!!

Well, off to switch the laundry and vacuum the living room and get dinner started (Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast)

Have a blessed evening!!
Penny

0 comments: