Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rocks in My Dryer, for more great tips and tricks

okay, so my tip isn't that spectacular but it has saved me numerous times while we have been on an extremely tight budget.
I love to bake, but a lot of recipes need eggs and on a tight budget, this can become expensive. So here's what I do, I make 'fake' eggs!! Here's the recipe for it:
This will yield ONE egg:
2 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
Combine in a separate container and then add.

This works excellent in all kinds of baked goods, muffins, pancakes, cakes, and anything else that needs eggs! This way you can save the REAL eggs for Fried Eggs and omelets!!
Works for me!!
God bless, Penny

3 comments:

Linda (RibbonRockStar) said...

Thanks for the tip.....Seems I run out of eggs faster than anything around here. This could be a big help when I have the urge to bake and there are no eggs.

Linda

snoflake22 said...

they also sell egg substitute for vegans (it comes in a box, and it's a powder)....but this is a great idea for when i don't have that!
very cool!

Toni said...

This is great! I don't know how many times I have been one egg short when I get the baking urge.... now it won't matter.