Tuesday, July 28, 2009

*tap*tap*tap* Is this thing on????

Hey! Did ya'll miss me?!?! Nah, don't answer that.

That was, unofficially, my longest blogger hiatus EVER!

soooo much to update on and nowhere near enough time to do so...*sigh*

First and absolute foremost.....

The world has lost an angel here on earth. Bill's Mama passed away on May 25th, it was a bit of a shock, but we all knew she wasn't doing all that well with her numerous medical issues that had been continuing to creep up on her. I am so very heartbroken and miss her so very much.
She never got to meet little Breanna as she passed on 18 days prior to our arrival for holidays.
Bill was able to be there with his Dad and his Sister for few days, praise the Lord. Then by a huge blessing from a guy at Bill's work, we were all able to go for the weekend and attend her funeral. Then we went back again for our regular scheduled holidays....whew!!!

Now we've discovered that My Grandmother has stage four cancer. However, due to her Dementia, she is in complete denial that anything is wrong with her. Maybe that is not such a bad thing after all. They are in the process of setting up a Palliative care team and getting her transferred to a hospice. They were here for a visit a few days ago and we got some lovely pictures. She told me this is the last time. (Dementia is a weird one I tell ya!)

So despite the sadness, we are still doing well. I am so thankful for my family and all the love and support we give each other. I can't imagine walking this path alone and I pray for the ones who must. It certainly causes one to evaluate their beliefs and values pertaining to life.

Kayla has once again shown something special she posses, her ability to see angels. She has ALWAYS said she can see the angels flying around, even when she was just able to talk. The night Bill's mama passed away she came upstairs and was saying that she was having trouble falling asleep. I went down to tuck her in again and she started to smile. I asked her what she was smiling at and she said Nana is smiling at me so I smiled at her. Then she said "See her Mommy, she's right behind you" She told me she has beautiful wings and a very pretty dress on and is smiling all the time. She also told us that Nana no longer has her 'sticks' (Nana had to use crutches to aid her in walking). Fascinating, I tell you!

So now we must heal. Everyone is learning a new way to live, to live with the void of someone so special in our lives.



I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things and get back to posting more frequently again. Blogging is something I truly enjoy!

Blessings!!

0 comments: